Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Hopeful Sign

It's not often we actually hear any good news these days, but in the newspaper today, I did run across an item which spoke to me of hope.

Bob Jones University has now put a statement on its website apologizing for the segregationist policies it followed in the past. You can read the entire statement here.

I find it hopeful and refreshing that they would be open about this. I think that things like this clear the air. I also hope that the University's future directions continue to show progress in being sensitive to all students.

And it's delightful to have something positive to report!

P. S.
Did anyone notice I missed my annual birthday greeting to our second President? I'll have to work up a belated one in the next few days or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?