Friday, September 18, 2015

Language(s) of Peace

Gearing up for the International Day of Peace on Monday? 





 My Original Graphic - "Peace Mosaic"


I had thought of a word cloud also including some other languages' words for peace other than English and Latin.  But of course, it would be a real project to include all I could find...and I hated to only include a few representatives as I had planned. 

But it did make me think that since there WAS a word for peace in so many languages, there must be some longing on the part of most peoples for PEACE.  So it should indeed be our aspiration!

And in case you're curious and/or interested, you can find a great list of words for peace in many languages here.  And see if you notice the name of a one time space station there!





No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?